incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: October board report overdue
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 13:34:34 GMT
On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Svante Schubert wrote:
> I realized, I do not have access to
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/October2013

If you let me know your username for the incubator wiki, then I'll grant
you permissions to it

> The branch with all my work of the past year (branch, no fork - as my
> current employer desire to contribute back) is not merged back and due
> to work load is likely to be merged back first quarter next year.

If you feel you need a branch, it's generally best to have the branch be
in the main svn repo, rather than an external one. If it's in the ASF one,
then everyone can see your changes. That means people can offer advice,
people can see there's activity, and if someone really wants a feature or
fix now then they can get at it. Sadly, external brances loose all of
those community enhancing things :(

Is there any chance you could move to developing your new work here?

> Therefore in the following I created a draft for a report inline for
> now. I suggest the report should be:
> ------------------------
> ODF Toolkit

I'll upload that shortly, ta

> PS: Our Wiki http://incubator.apache.org/projects/odftoolkit.html seems
> outdated in compare with our site http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/
> Shall we copy the content or remove the prior site? What option do we
> have, Nick?

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/odftoolkit.html is the common
incubator project status page, which follows a standard format. All
incubating projects need to have one of those, and should kepe it updated.

Ideally, someone should take a few minutes to edit the project status
page, and bring it up to date with the latest stuff from the main project
site. Any volunteers?

Nick