incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does a correct copyright is set?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:30:00 GMT
Am 14.10.2013 13:23, schrieb Nick Burch:
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2013, Svante Schubert wrote:
>> I was able to find the rules for 3rd Party software by following your
>> reference, still I miss the part, where a 3rd party is required to have
>> a source header (or the minimum set of locations of license and/or
>> precedence) within
>> http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
>
> Third Parties can do whatever they want, it's their software and they
> can be unhelpful if they want to be...
>
> Before an ASF project can use a third party license, we need to check
> what license it's under, and ensure that's an allowed one. If
> contacting a third party about licensing, if their setup is confusing
> then it is worth suggesting to them that they simplify it by making it
> very easy to find out the license. They can still do whatever they
> want, but the harder it is to work out their license the fewer people
> will use the software!

So regarding the RDFa Parser, there is a BSD license in the pom.xml, but
there is no correct license header in the sources and I have contacted
the developer with Dave on CC.

If there is no response, I assume from your wording that the pom.xml is
a sufficient proof of license for us (Apache), right?

Thanks again, Nick!
Svante