incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject How does a correct copyright is set?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 10:37:39 GMT
Am 14.10.2013 12:31, schrieb Svante Schubert:
> I am no source code expert, IMHO I believe the pom.xml reference should
> be sufficient, but there might be a codex or legal guideline for
> copyright. Is there one?
The above as separate question.
I am aware of the following three places for copyright, what if they are
contradicting, is there an order, or evensome legal guideline in the web
and/or for Apache?

1) Source Header - Is there an URL allowed or does it have to be full
text. Does it have to be in the beginning?
2) Root level of the project - is the name of the file always LICENSE.TXT
3) Pom.xml some projects are loaded from the web. I have trusted this
alone. What are the precedences?

Thanks for any feed-back!
Svante