incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: October board report overdue
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 17:46:24 GMT
Hi Nick,

Am 08.10.2013 15:34, schrieb Nick Burch:
> On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Svante Schubert wrote:
>> I realized, I do not have access to
>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/October2013
>
> If you let me know your username for the incubator wiki, then I'll
> grant you permissions to it
svanteschubert

>> The branch with all my work of the past year (branch, no fork - as my
>> current employer desire to contribute back) is not merged back and due
>> to work load is likely to be merged back first quarter next year.
>
> If you feel you need a branch, it's generally best to have the branch
> be in the main svn repo, rather than an external one. If it's in the
> ASF one, then everyone can see your changes. That means people can
> offer advice, people can see there's activity, and if someone really
> wants a feature or fix now then they can get at it. Sadly, external
> brances loose all of those community enhancing things :(
>
> Is there any chance you could move to developing your new work here?

Yes,  I aim to move the developing closer to ASF. Though the company is
using GIT and I after the merge I will try another attempt to move this
project to git to have a smooth transition between the patches.
It seems the easier task, although I understand that as Subversion is an
Apache library there are always emotions involved.

Thanks again for your help, Nick!
Svante