incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Source Normalization
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:44:23 GMT
When comparing the current sources of the ODF Toolkit with the sources
with my branch by a text compare, I got a lot of "change noise",
triggered by different indentation methods being used by Netbeans and
Eclipse.
Annoyed by this a long time, I gave it a try and tested successfully a
Maven Tool that allowed the Source Normalization before building the
sources.

http://maven-java-formatter-plugin.googlecode.com/svn/site/0.4/examples.html

You may test it by adding it to your build plugins (behind the RAT) in
the pom.xml:
<plugin>
    <groupId>com.googlecode.maven-java-formatter-plugin</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-java-formatter-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>0.4</version>
     <configuration>
        <lineEnding>LF</lineEnding>
    </configuration>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <goals>
                <goal>format</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
    </executions>
</plugin>

After using this in both frameworks, I could far easier identify the
differences.

My plan is to add this to my branch and the project and do a commit
without any further changes, end of next week.

Any comments are welcome.

Kind regards,
Svante