incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating(RC6)
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 23:23:56 GMT
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Florian Hopf
<mailinglists@florian-hopf.de> wrote:
> On 18.06.2013 00:16, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Florian Hopf
>> <mailinglists@florian-hopf.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Finally, our release seems to be close. I sketched some release notes in
>>> the
>>> wiki. Feel free to add to or correct it, I'd like to get it out as soon
>>> as
>>> possible:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ODFTOOLKIT/0.6-incubating
>>>

>> Looks good to me.
>>
>> Are you working on the announcement email as well?  Glad to help if
>> you are not already doing that.
>>

> Ok, I probably mixed up the wording, this is what I would use at the
> announcement mail. Would be great if you could add anything you can think
> about. I basically just copied most of it from Devins announcement for the
> first release:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-dev/201201.mbox/%3CCAFJd6yQc8T2r3pYwZfafxquQLH5KVQGsY2rTgAfZOJgN6v03Gg@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> Is there something else that should be in there? Also, would be great to see
> any corrections in the wording from a native.

That looks like a good model to copy.  Just need to update the version
and links.   And we can take out then informal "thanks" part.  The
audience for this is external.   I don't think we sent to
announce@apache.org last time, but we should do that this time.

-Rob