incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Deploy the release artifacts to Maven repo
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:47:36 GMT
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 4:16 AM, Florian Hopf
<> wrote:
> On 20.06.2013 00:41, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> The artifacts that get released onto the mirrors and the maven repo
>>> should be the very same ones that were voted on. You shouldn't normally be
>>> going back to maven asking it to generate new things, even from the same svn
>>> tag.
>>> Can you not just take the jars from within the binary artifacts zip,
>>> which everyone voted on, and place those onto maven central? (I had assumed
>>> that was largely what you'd be doing)
>> If the source release remains the same then I have no trouble. I voted on
>> the source release.
> The source release that has been voted on remains the same for the download
> on the mirrors. But are we allowed to distribute additional sources (the
> Maven way, one for each module, as sources.jar) via the Maven repository
> even if they have not been voted on? And if yes, do we have to distribute
> the voted on source artifact via Maven as well?
> As it seems really complicated to even get our binary artifacts in the
> repository without touching the sources I am thinking about releasing this
> version on download mirrors only, fix the release process and immediately
> start another vote for 0.6.1-incubating.

Another reason to have a quick 0.6.1 -- Did you see the JavaDoc
vulnerability just reported?

I scanned our website and already fixed the cases we had (in the
maven-site directories).  But I also just scanned the doc from the 0.6
doc package and it has the same issue.

We should rebuild the doc with a JDK version that has been patched for
this issue.

> Regards
> Florian
> --
> Florian Hopf
> Freelance Software Developer

Opinions expressed in this communication reflect the author's
individual personal view, not necessarily that of an amorphous
collective.  The above statements do not reflect an official position
of any organization, corporation, religion (organized or disorganized)
or national football association.  The contents of said note are not
guaranteed to have been spell checked, grammar checked or reviewed for
metrical infelicities.  The contents of this post may not be suitable
for those whose native language is not logic.  Caution should be
exercised when operating heavy machinery when reading this note, or
even when not reading it.  Seriously, heavy machinery is dangerous.
Be careful.

View raw message