incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <mailingli...@florian-hopf.de>
Subject Re: Deploy the release artifacts to Maven repo
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:16:49 GMT
On 20.06.2013 00:41, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2013, at 1:45 AM, Nick Burch wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 19 Jun 2013, Florian Hopf wrote:
>>> I am having some trouble releasing our artifacts to the Maven repository. This
is caused by the fact that for building the release candidate (where we create the aggregated
zip files) we are using the same profile name as is used for artifact deployment (where we
want to create separate artifacts/jars).

>> The artifacts that get released onto the mirrors and the maven repo should be the
very same ones that were voted on. You shouldn't normally be going back to maven asking it
to generate new things, even from the same svn tag.

>> Can you not just take the jars from within the binary artifacts zip, which everyone
voted on, and place those onto maven central? (I had assumed that was largely what you'd be
doing)

> If the source release remains the same then I have no trouble. I voted on the source
release.

The source release that has been voted on remains the same for the
download on the mirrors. But are we allowed to distribute additional
sources (the Maven way, one for each module, as sources.jar) via the
Maven repository even if they have not been voted on? And if yes, do we
have to distribute the voted on source artifact via Maven as well?

As it seems really complicated to even get our binary artifacts in the
repository without touching the sources I am thinking about releasing
this version on download mirrors only, fix the release process and
immediately start another vote for 0.6.1-incubating.

Regards
Florian

--
Florian Hopf