incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating(RC4)
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 19:16:37 GMT
On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Florian Hopf
<mailinglists@florian-hopf.de> wrote:

> On 06.05.2013 23:12, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 2:05 AM, Florian Hopf
>> <mailinglists@florian-hopf.de> wrote:
>>> Thanks for your feedback, this needs to be fixed.
>>>

>> I added the DISCLAIMER.txt file.   The packaging logic already sucks
>> in /*.txt into the tar.gz/zip/bz2 archives, so all we needed to do was
>> check in the file.
>
> Rob, thanks for helping.
>

>> For the src.xml missing the license header, it looks like it was
>> explicitly excluded from the ODF Validator's Rat scan plugin:
>>
>> <exclude>src/main/assembly/src.xml</exclude>
>>
>> The exclusion is not necessary.  We can add it as an XML comment like
>> we do with the root pom.xml.  I'd do it myself, but SVN seens
>> unavailable right now.
>
> I added the header, removed the exclusion and it builds OK with the pedantic
> profile.
>
> Is there anything we need to do to the files in src/main/resources/schema in
> the validator module? Those still contain an Oracle license, I don't know if
> we can remove it.

The Apache rules say that we're not to remove those lines, except with
permission from the copyright owner, which is Oracle.   I earlier
removed the IBM copyright statements, since I'm authorized to do that
from IBM.   Unfortunately I don't think we have anyone from Oracle in
this project.

I'd recommend proceeding with the RC.

I'm also cc'ing Andrew, a contact at Oracle who helped in this area
with OpenOffice.  Maybe he has some ideas.

-Rob