incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 18:56:33 GMT
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Svante Schubert
<svante.schubert@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01.03.2013 15:50, Florian Hopf wrote:
>> On 01.03.2013 15:31, Svante Schubert wrote:
>>> I do not understand the problem.
>>> In the target output directory of the binaries are different JARs.
>>> Already one jar including with all the dependencies (at least when the
>>> complete ODF Toolkit project had been build).
>>>

>> Yes, but these are not included in the binary distribution. It would
>> probably be enough to add this to the distribution so users can choose
>> which one to use.
>>
>> Am I totally off the track with this?
>>
> No, I only haven't related your comment with the distribution. I would
> second your suggestion, that all dependency jars, e.g.
> simple-odf-0.8-incubating-jar-with-dependencies.jar should be distributed.

Note:  If we do that we'll probably will need to revisit our LICENSE
and NOTICE files since we'll be distributing additional components in
our release.

Or, I'd be fine with just packaging as we did in our last release.   I
don't think we've seen any notes from users saying that they could not
figure out the dependencies.  Or did I miss something?

-Rob