incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Ian C <...@amham.net>
Subject Re: Require feed-back on table border collapse
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 13:45:52 GMT
Hi Svante,

I tried playing with this setting. In Open Office it maps into the
"merge adjacent line styles" checkbox on a table's properties.
(I found this out by manually editing the styles.xml and comparing documents)

When changing the setting I see the table change slightly.
I was using the TableTemplate.odt file in
ODFToolKit/odf/simple/src/test/resources, which has the border-model
set to collapsing.

I also played around with the testApplyEmptyTemplate()  test and its
table TestApplyEmptyTemplate.odt.
With the style set to colapsing the table does look better.

I am guessing that when ODFDOM generates tables it uses the
odfdom/src/main/resources/OdfTextDocument.odt as the source?
Not sure on the details of that part of the ODFToolkit yet.
And I can see that it does indeed have the setting at separating.

So changing it to collapsing may be better.

I will look more closely and may create some test cases to exercise the case.

I read the reference details in the spec but I am unsure on the use
cases of needing each of the settings.
Collapsing seems to be the one that make more sense since it maximises
the column space?

More later.... I am being called away.

--
Cheers,