incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <mailingli...@florian-hopf.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 14:46:13 GMT
On 01.03.2013 15:05, Rob Weir wrote:
> But if you include all the dependencies in the JAR then the user can
> run into classpath and class loader issues if they are in an
> environment that already has some of the dependencies, perhaps with
> slightly different versions.  So I don't think we want to put
> dependencies into the main JAR.

That's true but that is not what I meant. I've been thinking about
adding the dependency jars to the binary distribution zip file so users
don't have to search for the dependencies themselves.

It is true that most users will add the jar files to an existing project
but even then we should state more obvious which dependencies are
necessary (e.g. see which transitive dependencies of clerezza and jena
are really needed for which tasks).

I don't want to delay the release with this even further but I think
this would be better for novices that are just getting started.

Regards
Florian

--
Florian Hopf