incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <mailingli...@florian-hopf.de>
Subject Date and DateTime in Cell
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 08:46:34 GMT
Hi,

I stumbled upon an issue with the current handling of dates in the Cell
implementation of the simple API and would appreciate any feedback.

In Cell there are currently two methods for setting date and time
values. The method setDateValue() uses the format yyyy-MM-dd,
setTimeValue() uses the format 'PT'HH'H'mm'M'ss'S'.

According to the ODF specification the date format for
office:date-value, which is used in Cell, can either be
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-2-20041028/#date or
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-2-20041028/#dateTime

It seems to me that we are missing a method to set a date and time
value, we can either set date or time, but not both. Also, from my
understanding, the time format we are currently using is not valid as it
is missing the date part.

At first I thought we just might need another method that sets both date
and time but probably we also have to change the format for the existing
time method.

What do you think? Am I missing something?

Regards
Florian

--
Florian Hopf