incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <mailingli...@florian-hopf.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6-incubating
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 07:19:48 GMT
Some observations on the binary distribution: As a user I think I
wouldn't be really happy that the mandatory dependencies are not
included. If I am just dropping the jars of the binary distribution in
my project and execute some simple ODFDOM code this fails immediately
with a class not found exception. We should make it as easy as possible
to get started with the project. It would be great if we could
distribute all mandatory jars for executing the code in a lib folder
(mvn dependency:copy-dependencies should help with this)

If you need some help with this let me know.

--
Florian Hopf
Freelance Software Developer

http://blog.florian-hopf.de