incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Is there anything happening here?
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2013 18:04:42 GMT
Hello ODFTollkit community,

Is there anything happening with development here is the community? I see little to no activity
recently. There were discussions and a "code freeze" then trouble then silence.

So, I am curious about what people plan to do as individuals and where the ODF Toolkit really
wants to go as a community.

If there is not enough community to support development as a full project, then perhaps the
alternatives need to be explored.

(1) Be excepted as a subproject of an existing PMC. Here there are two possible choices:

- Apache POI - which is about reading and writing Microsoft Office documents in Java. I am
on that PMC as our your mentors Nick and Yegor. If there is interest I am sure that we would
consider it in some form.

- Apache OpenOffice - this may be more natural, but it is a vibrant community and this could
be considered an important part.

(2) Make a clean release and then move the code to the Apache Attic.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Dave