incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <mailingli...@florian-hopf.de>
Subject POI Workbook adapter for ODFToolkit
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 11:28:04 GMT
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I started work on a POI workbook
adapter for the ODFToolkit. The goal is to make the POI Workbook
functionality available for ODS documents so users can use the familiar
POI API to read and modify Open Document spreadsheets. The code still is
in an early stage but so far it looks quite promising. It's an
interesting task because it is a rather rare opportunity to have an
existing implementation that I can use to see how the API should behave.
I already noticed that the ODFToolkit needs some further enhancements
and fixes to implement all the functionality but I am waiting for the
current release to be completed.

I think providing the existing POI API for Open Document formats will be
a huge benefit for many users as for simple use cases I expect this to
be nearly a drop in replacement.

Regards
Florian

--