incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Dali Liu <wawal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: status of the ODF toolkit release
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 05:13:24 GMT
Dear all,
One of my customer is using the ODF toolkit Simple API to build their
application, they want to include our new release package to their solution.
They find following bugs on the Simple APIs TextSelection.replaceWith()
methods , some of the issues can be a release blocked. We am fixing these
issues, So I propose that I paused the release process, until the critical
issues be fixed.

The issues list:
1.When replacing some text "at the beginning of a document with a
paragraph","positioned directly after a page break with a paragraph","at
the beginning of a table's celltext with a paragraph" an empty paragraph
will be added
2.When replacing the same text several times in a series, not all instances
will be replaced.
3.When replacing some text with a file, all images are lost.
4.When replacing some text with a file,in the case where the paragraph
containing the text-to-be-replaced has no other content, then the inserted
document will have its sequence of paragraphs reversed.
5.When replacing some text with a file, some properties of paragraphs are
lost.
6.When replacing some text with a file, style list in output file has
several style sheets named irritatingly with identical names followed by
differing numbers.

For issues 1-5, they will be buges, we will fix it soon and commit them to
trunk.

For issues 6, it worked as design, we copy the styles from source file to
target file, if the style name already exist in target file, the name be
changed to follow by differin numbers. To avoid this propose add new api
about replace with file, don't copy the styles from source file to target
file.

Do anyone found other critical issues on ODF toolkit? We can try to deal
with them together.