incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Fixing the Code Generation Examples -- Re: status of the ODF toolkit release
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 22:38:43 GMT
One more thing..
There is one more fix of mine, but it does not influence the main
library, only fixing a regression of the old code generation examples.

It was no longer possible to generate the ODF 1.2 reference in HTML nor
were the latest schema being used - although there is no difference
aside of the header it is confusing to see the old names in the output
logging.
The reason for the fix was that I was really in need to have an HTML
reference of ODF 1.2, as doing a search in the RelaxNG file of ODF (see
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-schema.rng)
is quite annoying.
The generated ODF reference in HTML is still not perfect, as for
instance there is no Backus–Naur Form (BNF) giving information about
choices or sequences of the schema is missing (see
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49473263/OdfReference.html).

The fix is not only, that I have fixed some file paths and the
templates, but I have added as well a test (i.e.
schema2template.example.ExampleGenerationTest) to the schema2template
project so that all examples will be generated whenever the code is
tested. Otherwise the functionality might get broken again. I have added
even the source generation in this test.

If someone is interested in this powerful tool of using the
MultiSchemaValidator (wrapping various XML schemas) and Velocity
(filling arbitrary text templates with Java access of the schemas) the
JavaDoc documentation of the schema2template project is a great place to
start.

PS: The generated Pyhton code of my former colleague Lars Behrmann seems
no longer to work - never used it myself, but if someone is interested
and has question, just write to the list and I will make sure Lars
receives it.

Cheers,
Svante