incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anyone want to have a release?
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 17:28:45 GMT
On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:20 AM, Florian Hopf
<mailinglists@florian-hopf.de> wrote:
> Hi,

>>> I can help if there is anything that can be easily delegated.
>>>
>>> Thank you for would like provide some help.
>>
>> Can you help to draft the release notes, new features and bug fixed?
>>
>> I have request a CWIKI page for our project, I would like to post a task
>> list for the release. Then we will clear to know where we are.
>>

> Yes, that's something I can definitively do. I think we should also adjust
> the versioning in JIRA. Currently there are a lot of versions that seem to
> be the module versions (probably imported from the old project structure). I
> think it would be good to rename those so that the module name is part of
> the version (e.g. odfdom-0.8.8). Another option would be to use the umbrella
> version in JIRA only (currently 0.5-incubating and the upcoming
> 0.6-incubating).

Our current version scheme is what we inherited from the ODF Toolkit
Union, before we moved to Apache.  Each library was distributed
independently and had its own version number.

But now we're distributing as a one big "ODF Toolkit", so we added a
version number for the entire Toolkit. But we still had the
library-specific versions.

But going forward we only really need to track the ODF Toolkit version
in JIRA, yes?  We don't release the individuals libraries
independently, so the overall version number is unambiguous.

-Rob