incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code coverage
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:09:21 GMT
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Ian C <ian@amham.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have discovered the Emma code coverage tool that integrates very
> well into my Eclipse. ( http://www.eclemma.org/index.html )

Cool.  I see there is a plugin for Maven as well:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/emma-maven-plugin/

So this might be something we can automated as an (optional) part of the build.

> I ran the coverage on the Juint tests for the Simple API and the ODFDOM.
> Summary is, pretty good coverage on Simple - 79 % line coverage, 84% method,
> not so on ODFDOM (probably because it is huge by comparison) - 24%
> line and 10% method.
>
> Not sure how to get them to anyone that is interested. They are in
> 800K and a 10M zipped files.
> I was going to upload then to my ISP web site but my access seems to
> be down at the moment.

Is there any easy way to extract only the uncovered Simple functions?
That might be small enough to post in an email.

> Something like the output would be a great thing to generate on each
> build and make generally available.
> Track the history of coverage of tests etc.
>
> I intend to generate tests to cover the missing sections of Simple (
> but don't hold your breath waiting) and then think about tests for
> ODFDOM.

Increasing Simple coverage should also increase ODFDOM coverage, up to a point.