incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code freeze at the end of this week.
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 15:47:49 GMT
On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Svante Schubert
<svante.schubert@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dali,
>
> Great work! I am very thankful for your help!
> I have reviewed the patch, after applying it via my Netbeans IDE.
> Fixed some typos (of mine) in the JavaDoc, only the binary ODF test file
> did not work with the DIFF patch, it had 0 bytes, so I used the original
> one.
> In the test file (test_rdfmeta.odt) the manifest file is not the first
> in the test document - common problem of hand edited and zipped files -
> but when reopening with any OpenOffice descendant the embedded file is
> gone, therefore the validation error remains, but does not break a test.
>
> Most annoying one RDF test (RDFMetadataTest) had different test results
> (with JDK7 & 6), although from my believe the new results are the
> correct one.
> The problem is that RDF triples with different subjects (XML files) had
> been regarded as duplicates, but are no duplicates to me. Therefore I
> simply commented the problematic part of the test out, but kept the
> comments in case I have overseen something.
> During this debugging/research, I have as well updated the RDF libraries
> in the pom.xml to the latest version.
>
> After that, I realized that my odf2rdf.xsl had no copyright header and
> added it - although there is no license test beyond the resource
> directory anyway.
>
> Finally, after some weeks after my last review, I realized that the GSoC
> student had used my XSLT file not only for testing as I had desired it,
> but as well from the extraction of incontent metadata.
> I limited the damage, by moving the previous XSLT helper class
> OdfXMLHelper from dom to pkg layer and making it only package visible.
> Moving some functionality of OdfSchemaDocument to OdfPackageDocument,
> see new function
>     public Model getXMLFileMetadata(String internalPath) {
> which is now being called from OdfSchemaDocument.
> And reused the parsed entity of the RDF XSLT file (Java Template) class,
> to reduce the overhead.
>
> The repository now builds fine with "mvn clean install -Ppedeantic",
> which will include the Apache license header test (rat).
> I made the above test under Linux and Windows7 and pushed the changes,
> before some other changes might again result into merge problems ;)

I'm getting a build error, a failure in the test:
testGetLanguage(org.odftoolkit.simple.meta.OfficeMetaTest)

I see this on both Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04.

Not sure if it is related to your change or any of the other recent
changes.  But we are getting Jenkins errors as well, so it may be the
same error.

-Rob