incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Code freeze at the end of this week.
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 19:02:32 GMT
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:17 AM, Dali Liu <> wrote:
> Hi Svante,
> Don't worry about this, I would like to provide some help on this. If the
> time is not enough, I think that we can delay the code freeze date to next
> week.

Is Devin able to look at the password encrypted file integration?  He
had an old patch, but I was not able to merge it successfully.    But
the longer we go without merging, the harder it will be.


> 2012/12/5 Svante Schubert <>
>> Hi,
>> I got problems to integrate the RDF support for ODF Toolkit, perhaps
>> someone could give a helping hand as I ran out of time.
>> In theory all patches of the issue can be found at
>> but they have already been accumulated on github for a better review
>> handling to the following patch
>> You may oversee the overall history
>> and compare it with the main trunk
>> Doing so you may notice that on the last day of the patch of the RDF
>> repository, the encryption patch was revoked and some other had to be
>> reapplied, which seem to cause trouble for merging.
>> In addition there are problems with line endings, as we switched all
>> line endings to Unix as we worked with Windows and Linux VM on the same
>> source tree on a shared directory making code comparison more difficult.
>> (Can we do this in general for ODFDOM in the future?)
>> And finally, sometimes the student seem to have a different indent as
>> the usual, showing up changes, where no semantic was changed.
>>  (Arn't there tools in Maven to check for a uniform indent?)
>> All together, we could name it a real nightmare before Christmas!
>> On the other hand the RDF support for the ODF Toolkit is a huge feature
>> for this project and would provide additional marketing effect to the
>> next version.
>> Therefore I still hope that someone could push this over the line.
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Svante
>> On 05.12.2012 04:10, Dali Liu wrote:
>> > Dear all,
>> > We are planning to release a new version of our ODF toolkit.
>> > From previous discuss we choose this weekend(12/07) as the codes freeze
>> > date.
>> > Please try to commit your patches to SVN before the date.
>> > If you are working on something and want to deliver it in this new
>> version
>> > please speak out, Let's choose another codes freeze date.
>> >

View raw message