incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Ian C <...@amham.net>
Subject Code coverage
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 11:50:31 GMT
Hi All,

I have discovered the Emma code coverage tool that integrates very
well into my Eclipse. ( http://www.eclemma.org/index.html )

I ran the coverage on the Juint tests for the Simple API and the ODFDOM.
Summary is, pretty good coverage on Simple - 79 % line coverage, 84% method,
not so on ODFDOM (probably because it is huge by comparison) - 24%
line and 10% method.

Not sure how to get them to anyone that is interested. They are in
800K and a 10M zipped files.
I was going to upload then to my ISP web site but my access seems to
be down at the moment.

Something like the output would be a great thing to generate on each
build and make generally available.
Track the history of coverage of tests etc.

I intend to generate tests to cover the missing sections of Simple (
but don't hold your breath waiting) and then think about tests for
ODFDOM.
I suspect we can auto generate many of the ODFDOM tests required. Just
a different set of velocity templates.

There are also a lot of depricated methods in the ODFDOM. Will they be
removed at some point?

--
Cheers,

Ian C