incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <mailingli...@florian-hopf.de>
Subject Re: Anyone want to have a release?
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:20:20 GMT
Hi,

On 30.11.2012 04:30, Dali Liu wrote:

>> On 19.11.2012 09:39, Dali Liu wrote:
>>
>>> Following the guide there are many todo items, I will try to find a place
>>> to track the to-do items, I will start from the technical ones.
>>>

>> I can help if there is anything that can be easily delegated.
>>
>> Thank you for would like provide some help.
> Can you help to draft the release notes, new features and bug fixed?
>
> I have request a CWIKI page for our project, I would like to post a task
> list for the release. Then we will clear to know where we are.

Yes, that's something I can definitively do. I think we should also
adjust the versioning in JIRA. Currently there are a lot of versions
that seem to be the module versions (probably imported from the old
project structure). I think it would be good to rename those so that the
module name is part of the version (e.g. odfdom-0.8.8). Another option
would be to use the umbrella version in JIRA only (currently
0.5-incubating and the upcoming 0.6-incubating).

For the format of the release notes I think it would be nice to include
the changes for all releases and always attach the newest version at the
top. I like the way the Lucene project is doing this:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/CHANGES.txt?view=markup

They also have one wiki page per release that contains the release
announcement as well as any errata to the release notes (see e.g.
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr3.6.1)

As we are using Maven we could also use the Maven changes plugin
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/ but I think
nothing beats a txt file.

If everybody is ok with this I'd like to restructure our changes.txt to
something similar to what Lucene is doing and create two wiki pages for
the last release and the upcoming release.

Regards
Florian

--
Florian Hopf