incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Level of JDK support
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 23:04:50 GMT
Hi everyone,

The EOL of the original JDK 6 was recently postponed by Oracle, and I am
myself still using the JDK 6 as my main Java environment.
But on a few projects I am already using JDK 7. The support of any other
older JDK 5, 4, 3.. seems without a strong commercial backing not
feasible to me.
For smoke testing of the RDF metadata patch, I have switched the JDK on
our Jenkins server to 6, to investigate if there are any problems at all
(the existing was a dependency to a RDF library (Jena), that has been
build by JDK 6 only.

I would be curious if someone is still interested in the support of JDK 5.

The Config URL for Jenkins Server are
https://builds.apache.org/job/ODFToolkit/
and
https://builds.apache.org/job/ODFToolkit-windows/