incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build failure downloading ODF 1.0 schema
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:46:50 GMT
On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Svante Schubert
<svante.schubert@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this issue reminds me that it would be great if the files would be only
> downloaded once, for instance by making the files available to the Maven
> build system.
> If I remember it well, we had to remove these files due to unsolved
> license issues from the sources.

I don't think there is an issue for putting these schemas on Maven
central repository if we want.  The issue was putting the schemas in
our Subversion repository.  Because the OASIS license did not permit
modification it was not considered to be an "open source" license, so
we could not include it.

I think we asked OASIS once if they preferred to manage maven
submission of schemas themselves, to establish their own conventions
for coordinates, etc.  But we didn't get any response.

-Rob