incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Anyone want to have a release?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:38:02 GMT
Our last release was in January.  Does anyone want to have another
release, say at the end of the year?

We have a lot of bug fixes, and some new features, especially in the
Simple API.

Nothing stunning, but that is the nature of the project.  Our
functionality is boxed in by the ODF schema.  We evolve by perfecting
the code, improving performance, improving documentation, etc.  But
our next "leap forward" might not come until ODF 1.3 is done.

If we want to do a release we want need to agree on "feature freeze"
deadline, a stabilization period for testing and updating release
notes, etc.  And we would also need a volunteer to be Release Manager.

What do you think?

-Rob