incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anyone want to have a release?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:04:16 GMT
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:39 AM, Dali Liu <wawalovo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following the guide there are many todo items, I will try to find a place
> to track the to-do items, I will start from the technical ones.
>
> So what's our target date? how about one month later? Maybe some day around
> 12/20?

The process requires a 72 hour vote in the Podling, and then another
72 hour vote in the IPMC.  If problems are found it can take longer.
So I'd plan for the release process -- once we have built the final
"release candidate" build to take two weeks.

So a release plan might look like:

1) Get remaining fixes and features into trunk

2) testing/verification of code, tests, releases notes, etc. ===> this
leads to release candidate

3) Release candidate signed and posted for vote

4) 72 hour PPMC vote on release candidate ==> 72 hour IPMC vote

5) Release upload and announcement

So I think steps 3-5 will take around 2 weeks.

So we could work backwards from that and suggest a code freeze date.

To me the date is not critical.  December 20, December 30, January 15,
it is all good.

Is there anything we can do in JIRA to mark which bugs should be
included in our next release?  That way we can track what work
remains.

-Rob