incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <mailingli...@florian-hopf.de>
Subject Re: [Discuss]The open issues in JIRA system
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 08:32:28 GMT
Hi,

On 31.08.2012 04:39, Liu Da Li wrote:
> I found that in JIRA system there are about 82 open issues,  some of them
> are been assigned others are not, and also some assigned issues exist from
> 2009 or 2010 and it seems that some of issues already have been fixed(eg.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODFTOOLKIT-62), the status of issues
> are out of date.
> My question is that :
> 1.Do we have any plan or priority to fix them?
> 2.For the out of date issue status, Do we need correct them?

This is probably a good time for me to introduce myself and get started
on the project. I am working as a freelance software developer mostly
doing web projects and spend quite some time on build automation and
quality assurance, so those might also be areas I could help. I have
been involved in the project before (Template document creation) and I
would be willing to invest more time.

There are several things I could imagine doing to get started again:
* Have a look at some of the open, unassigned issues and see if I can do
something about it
* Try to improve the test coverage by writing more tests (I think I also
saw a ticket about this)
* Have a look at the recent build problems on Ubuntu

Let me know what you think might be a good place to start.

Regards
Florian

--
Florian Hopf