incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Ian C <...@amham.net>
Subject Re: FW: Deprecated Binaries
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 02:29:38 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:56 AM, Steele, Raymond
<raymond.steele@lmco.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've downloaded the ODFToolkit binaries from http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/downloads.html;
however,  when using the libraries in Netbeans,  some of the methods are "striked-out" as
being deprecated.  Is there an explanation for this? Am I using the wrong libraries?

I am guessing the deprecated methods you are seeing are those that
have been moved from the ODFDOM to the Simple API. So you are not
using the wrong libraries.

> Also, is there another way, other than maven,  to build the source?

As for Maven, that seems to be the intended mechanism... it is very
good. I tend to use Eclipse and Maven has a way of building Eclipse
project files. I am not sure if it can build something similar for
Netbeans. I am guessing it can.

--
Cheers,

Ian C