incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Ian C <...@amham.net>
Subject Re: Quarterly report draft
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 04:43:03 GMT
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2012, at 3:24 AM, Nick Burch wrote:

>>> Something that's normally good to put in is the date/time since the last
>>> adding of a committer, and since the last release.
>>>
>>> When I was POI PMC chair, I often used to put in a little bit on mailing
>>> list traffic (up/down/roughly stable), and something about issues (new
>>> issues count up/down/stable, and fix rate up/down/stable). This can help
>>> give a sense of how the community is doing.
>>
>> Anyone have any thoughts on if we want to include this or not? Only we're very close
to needing to sign off on the report, so it'd be good to get it in if we're going to!

> It is worth commenting on the decrease in activity in both commits and mailing list activity.
This is often a sign of a project that is not creating a community.

> But if not then it will very likely need to be discussed in three months on the next
report. Unless the trends are reversed... and there is some progress to report.

> I think community is the issue that needs to be addressed for graduation and that is
clear in the report.

off the wall suggestion... can the ODFToolkit be made some sort of
extension/adjunct to AOO?
Would that increase the community?  Can it ride on the shirt tails of AOO?

I realise the aims of AOO are quite different but there are also some
overlaps in the role of producer/consumer ODF documents.

--
Cheers,

Ian C