incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From "Steele, Raymond" <raymond.ste...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: FW: Deprecated Binaries
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:57:47 GMT
Thanks Ian! I guess building the source is out for me. The system I am using is not connected
to the internet.

-----Original Message-----
From: hammyau@gmail.com [mailto:hammyau@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Ian C
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:30 PM
To: odf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: FW: Deprecated Binaries

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:56 AM, Steele, Raymond <raymond.steele@lmco.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've downloaded the ODFToolkit binaries from http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/downloads.html;
however,  when using the libraries in Netbeans,  some of the methods are "striked-out" as
being deprecated.  Is there an explanation for this? Am I using the wrong libraries?

I am guessing the deprecated methods you are seeing are those that have been moved from the
ODFDOM to the Simple API. So you are not using the wrong libraries.

> Also, is there another way, other than maven,  to build the source?

As for Maven, that seems to be the intended mechanism... it is very good. I tend to use Eclipse
and Maven has a way of building Eclipse project files. I am not sure if it can build something
similar for Netbeans. I am guessing it can.

--
Cheers,

Ian C