incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database base odb support
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:13:57 GMT
On 13.07.2012 12:17, Graham Weatherup wrote:
> I was directed to this toolkit by Michael Stahl from the LibreOffice dev
> list and would really like to use it for our java application PAMGuard. I
> assume it will maintain support for LibreOffice and OpenOffice as the files
> are the same?
Yes, the document format is interoperable, it had been standardized by
OASIS and ISO.

> I don't see any example/demos for databases or anything like
> DatabaseDocument in the Simple API.
What kind of demo scenario do you have in mind?

> Having looked at the source code I see the package
> org.odftoolkit.odfdom.dom.element.db has a lot of database related classes.
These are generated from the ODF XML Schmema, the vocabulary of ODF.
You may find all documents of the latest spec in this directory
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/
<http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html>

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html

More over the connection can be found at
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__1416012_253892949

But AFAIK there is no high level API for databases in the toolkit, yet.
> Is this something that is planned for development, side-lined or actually
> working? If it is working are there any demos/examples that I can use or can
> someone briefly explain how to use it?
Not from my side, but development usually follows the demand of the
developers and or clients paying for the tasks.
You know opensource is like all scratching their own itching..

Best regards,
Svante

PS: BTW I am an ODF freelancer..