incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Quarterly report draft
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 23:21:12 GMT

On Jul 10, 2012, at 3:24 AM, Nick Burch wrote:

> On 30/06/12 17:04, Nick Burch wrote:
>> On 28/06/12 15:12, Rob Weir wrote:
>>> Our quarterly report is due soon for July.
>>>
>>> I put a draft on the wiki:  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2012
>>>
>>> Let me know if there are any additions or changes you want to see.
>>
>> Something that's normally good to put in is the date/time since the last
>> adding of a committer, and since the last release.
>>
>> When I was POI PMC chair, I often used to put in a little bit on mailing
>> list traffic (up/down/roughly stable), and something about issues (new
>> issues count up/down/stable, and fix rate up/down/stable). This can help
>> give a sense of how the community is doing.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on if we want to include this or not? Only we're very close
to needing to sign off on the report, so it'd be good to get it in if we're going to!

It is worth commenting on the decrease in activity in both commits and mailing list activity.
This is often a sign of a project that is not creating a community.

But if not then it will very likely need to be discussed in three months on the next report.
Unless the trends are reversed... and there is some progress to report.

I think community is the issue that needs to be addressed for graduation and that is clear
in the report.

Regards,
Dave