incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ready to check in in document encryption code
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:08:54 GMT
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Ian C <ian@amham.net> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:41 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

as currently all issues are assigned to Devin.

> I don't know the details of JIRA and like everyone have limited time,
> but I am would be happy to get involved.

Hi Ian,

JIRA is the easy part.  It is an issue tracker.  We report newly found
bugs there, and there is a simple workflow to take through through the
various stages, for example New -> Open -> In Progress -> Resolved ->
Closed.

You should be able to to sign up for an account here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Signup!default.jspa

> I am very interested in the ODFToolkit and looking to contribute.

Cool. What kind of things are you interested in working on?

For coding work, there are a number of unassigned issues.  You could
look at any one of them.

Another idea would be to try to get some 'code coverage' reports on
our existing JUnit tests, and see where we are missing tests and add
new ones.  That could be a good way of getting more familiar with the
code base.

Also, our documentation, both on the website and the JavaDoc could use editing.

Plenty of other things to do, depending on your interests.

> I have worked with a number of different ticketing systems over the
> years, this can't be that different.

They are all variations on the same concepts.

> Contact me directly if interested,

I'm cc'ing you on this note, but hopefully you will subscribe to and
follow this mailing list.  It doesn't get a lot of traffic, but it is
where the project does its work.

If you are not subscribed, you can do so by sending a note to:
odf-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org

Regards,

-Rob