incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Tilton <noahktil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ODF Command Line Tools -- Request for community feedback
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 06:17:21 GMT
Hello Ian,

Thanks for the feedback.  It seems as though my first message did get
through after all.

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Ian <ian@amham.net> wrote:
> Hi Noah,
>
> whilst I have no direct useful comment. I am interested in such an
> idea or interface since I too am looking at ODF processing. Possibly
> via a command line interface.
>
> I suspect you will end up with a DSL approach in effect whichever way you go.
> I don't know anything much about BSF, I do know something about DSLs.
> Look at ANTLR as a possible way to manage the DSL.

Hrm.  I think using a host language such as ruby, lua, etc would be
simpler.  Building a DSL from scratch would be interesting but IMHO
overkill for the scope of this project and given my current level of
expertise, probably not doable in the allotted time.

--
Noah