incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2012 and ODF Toolkit
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 22:49:56 GMT
On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Svante Schubert
<> wrote:
> When is the deadline for mentors?

It looks like they announced the accepted organizations today.  Apache
was accepted:

It is not clear what the next steps are for Mentors.  But I do see
your proposal and my proposal listed ("Ideas" on the above page):!executeAdvanced.jspa?jqlQuery=labels+=+gsoc2012&runQuery=true&clear=true

> Looking at
> I can not find a mail archive for code-awards at
> Looking at the given labeled issue query
> I am able to find 6 tasks labeled with "gsoc 2012"and two additional
> labeled with "gsoc2012"

Did you receive any emails from the code-awards list?  I send a
subscribe a note a a couple of weeks ago and never heard anything.

> In addition I have seen a broken manual at
> At the Google Calendar
> I get the
> impression I got till start of Monday, left!
> PS: I know Google sponsors the event, but what's exactly in for mentors
> and mentees - aside of glory and training?

I think there is a stipend for the student (paid twice, mid summer and
again at the end) and a small payment to the mentoring organization.
For the Mentors, we get someone to help us write code, and maybe grow
the community.

View raw message