incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject How to do an ODF Toolkit release?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:09:30 GMT
Hi Devin,

as you did before an ODF Toolkit release at Apache, do you have some
notes you are able to share?

One comment already. We might want use the subversion tag mechanism
instead of storing each release in a different folder of our svn repository.
Recently I have realized at Jenkins (picture in the upper right of
https://builds.apache.org/job/ODFToolkit/), that the workplace space
jumped up to half a gigabyte around the build #24.
I could not find any changes (see
https://builds.apache.org/job/ODFToolkit/changes), but when I downloaded
the complete repository via "svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf/", I realized a "/tags"
sub folder, with all our release candidates each about 50BM. I fear this
will not scale for the future, especially as Subversion might do the job
via tagging, although I am not a Subversion expert and can not give you
any advice on that.
Anyone at the list, who can tell us the usual Apache way?

Best,
Svante