incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2012 and ODF Toolkit
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 23:15:12 GMT
On 16.03.2012 23:49, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Svante Schubert
> <svante.schubert@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When is the deadline for mentors?
>>
> It looks like they announced the accepted organizations today.  Apache
> was accepted:
>
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/apache
>
> It is not clear what the next steps are for Mentors.  But I do see
> your proposal and my proposal listed ("Ideas" on the above page):
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator!executeAdvanced.jspa?jqlQuery=labels+=+gsoc2012&runQuery=true&clear=true
First step taken. As a mentor go to
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/profile/mentor/google/gsoc2012?org=apache
all necessary dates for 2012 are listed at
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012

>> Looking at http://community.apache.org/guide-to-being-a-mentor.html
>> I can not find a mail archive for code-awards at
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/
>> Looking at the given labeled issue query
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?requestId=12315361
>> I am able to find 6 tasks labeled with "gsoc 2012"and two additional
>> labeled with "gsoc2012"
>>
> Did you receive any emails from the code-awards list?  I send a
> subscribe a note a a couple of weeks ago and never heard anything.
The code-awards list seems outdated to me, see
http://google-melange.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2012/faqs#mailing_lists

>> In addition I have seen a broken manual at
>> http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCMentoringGuide
>>
>> At the Google Calendar
>> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012 I get the
>> impression I got till start of Monday, left!
>>
>> PS: I know Google sponsors the event, but what's exactly in for mentors
>> and mentees - aside of glory and training?
>>
> I think there is a stipend for the student (paid twice, mid summer and
> again at the end) and a small payment to the mentoring organization.
> For the Mentors, we get someone to help us write code, and maybe grow
> the community.
Well, if I get a student, I will aim to become an Apache representative
to have at least a nice coffee at Santa Clara end of October.

Svante