incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Review of changes
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:15:15 GMT
It seems we moved to the Apache default doing a first commit and review
later in the main trunk, which leads to a more instable trunk. The
approach to be able to deliver any time is much more desirable as we
need as many people as possible working on the trunk

Therefore in general - unless fixing a red master - I would recommend to
do a review on patches and allow people three days (similar to voting
time) to review the changes. For larger patches a week might be more
appropriate.
Especially I am worried about a fast removal of the DOC API as I fear
that functionality get lost. For instance the template initialization
routine (see OfficeMetaTest.updateTemplates()) would have gotten lost
and in addition I realized it is no longer possible in the Simple API to
remove a property (as creator) by providing NULL as parameter. This
seems like a regression of functionality compared with the DOC API. We
need to identify, discuss and fix those issues before removing DOC.

Thanks,
Svante