incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about JIRA handling - reopen a closed issue or clone it?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 23:47:34 GMT
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Svante Schubert
<svante.schubert@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have got a question in regard of JIRA handling.
>
> There is a closed issue, where I would like to add further changes, what is the correct
way to do it?

It looks like in this case Devin already committed the original patch.
 Since you're talking about a 1-line change, wouldn't the easiest
thing be to just fix it in SVN and add a comment to to the JIRA issue
giving the SVN revision of your additional fix?  Re-opening the issue
and updating the patch file in JIRA and then closing it again might
not be worth the trouble

> Can an issue be re-opened and I am only lacking of user rights or has the issue to be
cloned to be able to add a new patch?

It doesn't look like I have rights to do this either.

Devin, do you have permissions to re-open issues?   If so, where did
you get those rights?  Are you able to define the default rights so
project members can do things like reopen issues?

-Rob