incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to handle the downloads and visitors?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 23:12:15 GMT
Hi all,

On 8 February 2012 01:12, Devin Han <devinhan@apache.org> wrote:
> The Google Analytics has been applied on ODF toolkit website and the
> privacy policy page is also ready.
> see:http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/privacy.html
>
> The report can be shared with all of the PMC members and mentors as needed
> in the future ;)

One of the things I supposedly do professionally is --and has been for
far too long-- tracking the stuff that makes marketers drool, like
download numbers (the good ones). There are numerous options, but I
think for something like this--and this is obvious?--we ought to use
what Apache normally uses and in special cases, like for extensions or
whatever, other services, if free.

But one thing: If we could have a means by which downloaders could
identify if not themselves then their use of AOO, so that we could use
that information for answering the usual q, "Who uses it?"

louis