incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Worried about Jenkins..
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:59:06 GMT
Thank you, Yegor!

The first think I learned was that the builds are called with
    "mvn clean install -Ppedantic"

Never used this parameter before.
The rest was not such new: We are building on JDK 5 with the latest
availabe Maven on the test machines. At least one hour after a code
check-in the build will be triggered, perhaps delayed by other projects.
The build will be aborted if it is stuck more than 120min. Sounds fair.
In addition there is an option of using the Maven FindBugs plugin, what
requires some pom extension
(http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/) and PMD analysis, what
we are currently not fully using, but we should IMHO.

As there was long time no build on Windows, I have tested it on Windows
7 and it fails.
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.7:check (default) on project
schema2template: Too many unapproved licenses: 1 -> [Help 1]

Even the -X and -e option did not bring further information. Anyone an
idea? Why should be suddenly a license be missing and why is there no
appropriate error message naming the file?

My final full call was:
    mvn clean install -Ppedantic -X -e -rf :schema2template  >
..\mvn-clean-install--Ppedantic.txt 2>&1
Piping the error and standard output in a test file within a directory
below the subversion.

May I ask all developers of this project to test the latest revision on
their available platforms, with "mvn clean install -Ppedantic"?

PS: I will be soon be off-list till Monday afternoon..

Thanks,
Svante