incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's discussion on the next release
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 01:45:20 GMT
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Devin Han <devinhan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks you for the contribution of the the first release! Now the plan of
> the next release is on the desktop.
> I summary some todo items and wish to get your guys' feedback.
>
> (1) Clear crypto process with Apache.
> (2) Commit encryption/decryption code to the master repository.
> (3) Update package name from "org.odftoolkit.*" to
> "org.apache.odftoolkit.*".
> (4) Remove ODFDOM Doc API which has been marked as deprecated in the first
> release.
> (5) bug fix.

Other things I'd be interested in working on are:

6) Implementation of OpenFormula, the ODF 1.2 spreadsheet formula
language.  Perhaps even a reference implementation.

7) A streaming API that is able to do a subset of operations on a
document in constant memory, using a SAX-like event interface.

Since these are new modules, they might not be doable for the very
next release.  But I want to suggest them as possible areas of
exploration, in case anyone else wants to help.

Maybe for things like this, we can do the work on "feature" branches,
so the trunk remains stable on a daily basis?

-Rob