incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject ODF Toolkit 0.5, remaining work
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:17:02 GMT
So now that we have an approved released, what should we do?

1) I assume that Devin, as Release Manager, is working on getting the
approved packages onto the mirrors and Maven central.

2) We will want a link from our website as well, probably a top level
"Download" link

3) An announcement email that we can send to the odf-users and related lists.

4)  Do what we can do individually to promote awareness of this new
release, via social networking sites, etc.

5) Start discussion on the next release.

In general, I think this initial release at Apache is a great
opportunity to make people more aware of our work, attract more users,
and hopefully more contributors as well.  The work we've done in this
initial release was not very fun.  We did a lot of migration, of
websites and code, a lot of work to review IP, a lot of work to create
Maven assemblies and comply with Apache release procedures.  These
were all one-time tasks, and future releases should be a lot easier.

But now begins the fun part, talking about new features and writing
new code.  This will be a good opportunity to attract new developers.
I think we all agree that increasing the size and diversity of the
project is important.  (We say this in our podling report, for
example).  So let's think about how we can grow the community.

View raw message