incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Are we doing the RC vote right?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 21:19:18 GMT
The RC7 vote is a little confusing. Since there are a number of other
projects that are interested in the ODF Toolkit, we cc'ed them all in
the vote thread, along with this list and the Incubator general list.
That, coupled with this being our first release, has lead to a "messy"
voting thread.  For example:

1) We have a +1 from Yegor, but that made it only to the Tika dev list

http://markmail.org/message/4syron6anolleqlk

2) We have several +1's from PPMC members here on odf-dev

3) We have one +1 from a PPMC member to odf-private

4) We have no +1's from IPMC members on this list or on the Incubator
general list :-(

My guess is the cc'ing to multiple lists may have caused some confusion.

What is the best practice here?  Send to only to general@incubator and
cc odf-dev?  Should we be posting our (non-binding) votes and test
summaries to general@incubator rather than odf-dev?

Any ideas on how to get this vote back on track?

-Rob