incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.5-incubating-RC7
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:04:09 GMT
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Nick Burch <nick.burch@alfresco.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>>
>> I'm curious: are we--in this case, a more or less undefined subject of the
>> sentence--alerting any media organizations?
>

> Incubating releases don't normally get press releases, that tends to more be
> for graduations and bigger TLP releases.

What I do see from podlings, rather than formal press releases,
announcement posts, like this:

http://markmail.org/message/ok2dxhpjc52xmzky

And I see this thread from general@incubator:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3C20110601005928.GA28539@rectangular.com%3E

If I'm reading this correctly, it sounds like release announcements are OK.
-Rob