incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Devin Han <devin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's discussion on the next release
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 06:55:35 GMT
Hi Nick,

We plan to add document encryption/decryption, and digital
signature(optional) in next release.
Follow the newest ODF specification[1], most of the function can be
realized by JDK, no need other crypto product.
For document encryption/decryption, JDK5 is enough. For digital signature,
we need JDK6's XML security API.

We also write a private PBKDF2Key[2] method realization to support byte
array as password parameter(JDK5's API supply a string password as
parameter).

All in all, except JDK API and our own code, there is no any other third
party binary jar or source code relate to crypto in ODF Toolkit.
So, how can we draft the notification? Thanks!

[1]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part3.html#__RefHeading__752815_826425813
[2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2898.txt

--