incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blog post on our release
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:00:51 GMT
Well…..

On 27 January 2012 10:32, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm curious. Did you have to clear this quite nice blogpost with Apache, first?
>
> No.  I'm in the US.  We have a 1st Amendment here.

.. which summarizes my reaction, too (though you ought to refresh you
memory as to what the 1st amendment actually covers and what it does
not. e.g., gov't cannot impede legitimate speech in public but private
entities sure can and do; military excepted from 1st amendment
provisions, for the most part, as are prisons, schools, etc.)

> But if the podling itself wanted to coordinate on official project
> publicity, then we'd want to look at the relevant guidelines:

of course. My proposed blog post relaying what Dennis had done was not
at all intended to be an official podling post (more a plod).

> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html
>
> As far as I can tell, we cannot issue press releases as podlings, but
> informal publicity is fine.  Just get the branding right.

*Nod.*

> -Rob

louis