incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <yegor.koz...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: Are we doing the RC vote right?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 11:01:39 GMT
Sorry for the belated answer, I was offline during New Year holidays.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> The RC7 vote is a little confusing. Since there are a number of other
> projects that are interested in the ODF Toolkit, we cc'ed them all in
> the vote thread, along with this list and the Incubator general list.
> That, coupled with this being our first release, has lead to a "messy"
> voting thread.  For example:
>
> 1) We have a +1 from Yegor, but that made it only to the Tika dev list
>
> http://markmail.org/message/4syron6anolleqlk

I didn't realize that that vote thread was cc'd to multiple list and
my reply went to the first address in the list of filters which was
tika-dev.

Dave is right, cc'ing the vote thread is a bad practice. If we want to
prod other projects it is better to do in a separate email.

I'm a IPMC and I re-posted my binding +1 to odf-dev today. Hope it is
not too late.

Yegor